Saturday, May 9, 2015

5/4/15 Be Ye an Example of the Believers

Yes tomorrow is transfers. My companion and I are both staying here. We didn't have a baptism this week but I think we'll be baptizing E____ this Saturday, we just have to arrange the interview and all. 

I like my new area; it is mostly dirt but it's cool.  They apparently farm sugar in the other part of the district in Paramonga. The branch is good, though a little small. For the dedication of the Trujillo temple they will be making the stake centers "extensions" of the temple for the dedication so more people can attend. I've never heard of that, but it sounds pretty cool. It will be mean a Sunday where, to go into the stake center, you'll need a recommend. They even can do recommends, specifically for the dedication, for anyone baptized and worthy, that is to say, including 8 year olds.

This last week we were going into the cemetery hoping to contact some of the huge number of people following a funeral service even though they had nothing to do with it and one woman walks up to us and says "are you guys Mormons?" "Yes" "Is it true you can be baptized for the dead? My husband died recently and I don't think he was ever baptized and I don't know what's going on with him..." We later found out that she is a friend of our investigator who is to be baptized this week and I feel that more of us should follow the example that E____ has set of a member missionary, when she isn't even a member yet.

Hawaii for Christmas in 2016? ¡que trunkazo! I don't think I have a calendar that goes that far to put that on but sounds like a good idea to me haha pero no se de donde viene plata asi... haha

To his dad:
We don't have a specific time that we will be making the call/skype home, so I'll initiate it and it'll probably be about mid-afternoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment