Friday, April 29, 2016

4/25/16 A New Companion!

It sounds like you guys had a great week. I would love to go to the Provo temple (and plenty of others). It looks like a really nice temple. 

My companion is Elder Castro from Santa Cruz Bolivia (the same city as my last companion). He has like 16 months in the mission and is a really good worker. He was last in Pativilca, the branch where I was at about a year ago, so Elder Fernandez and he just traded areas so that's weird. He's a good missionary with lots of ideas about how to do things differently and with the spirit!

K____, a nine year old, who's mom and grandma are members was baptized this week. She asked me to perform the ordinance. She gave a great testimony for a little girl and cried because her mom had been less active until we started working with them. Both my companion and I forgot our cameras since we had been focused on looking for investigators all day but they got a picture with their camera and that's the most important.

R____ didn't really let himself fully understand the restoration and even though we were there reexplaining it with every kind of example he just couldn't get how the apostasy works in relation to the Catholic church and basically gave us back the Book of Mormon. S_______ is doing great, he came to church again. We also visited L___ and N____, we took the bishop with us and he helped them to understand the importance of the family, we have a family home evening with them tonight.

thanks for everything. chao

To  his dad:
I already knew I had the winter-spring track (BYUI). When we were on our way to the temple Elder Welburn said he had like 3 months left and I said we have way more time than that and he said no I talked with president about going home a transfer early for school and and asked me, "what are you going to do for school?" I said," I'm not going until winter so I'm not even going to worry about it". I'm pretty grateful that I get to stay and don't even have to think about it.

Do you know what the training is going to be about? and what apostle? We're going to have a meeting with Elder Rasband. I'm really excited about that. It will be something to remember since he was one of the apostles ordained during my mission and I'll get to hear from him during my mission. President Archibald says he wants the mission to be flying high and hard when he gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment