Monday, April 13, 2015

04/13/15 Any good we do, or are taught to do by Christ is simply following His example.

We don't have much time to write because we are in Lima for immigrations (that is why I am so late writing). My companion meets with the president tomorrow for training, the new missionaries meet with the president once a month for the first 3 months. This is his last, I think. Everyone from his group entering the mission will meet together.

You can mention to Paige or Kaitlin, if you like, that we heard two women speaking Italian and it was one of the weirdest languages I've ever heard. haha 

That is an interesting view into the story of the Good Samaritan, I like it. Maybe the part about the inn, being the church, where they cared for him could be useful for encouraging church attendance here. It is yet another reminder that any good we do or are taught to do by Christ is simply following His example. 

My companion is great, he is still learning some things but he is also really capable in most things: he went out with the missionaries all the time before the mission and helped like 4 or 5 friends get baptized before his mission.  He also has lots of missionaries in his family, his older brother is currently serving in Chicago.

I feel majorly comfortably with the language it's just some relatively obscure vocab I lack: like I realized today that I don't know the word for thumb or for fingerprint.

The baptism was planned for this Saturday but we still need to teach them most of the commandments before their interviews and we're in Lima until tomorrow night so we'll see if it doesn't have to be pushed back. 

The house is nice, it's on the 3rd floor of a 5 story building and has enough windows to keep it fairly cool. It can get pretty humid but it doesn't rain as far as I've seen.

Sorry for the lack of pictures this week, I don't have my camera with me. les amo nos vemos

 
To his dad:
I'm enjoying my new area well and we have good leadership, especially my zone leaders one of them has the record for consecutive weeks baptizing (14). The other day where we were eating lunch, they had ESPN on.  They were watching soccer of course but it showed a little bit of golf. I remember seeing a name I did not recognize coming in 1st with Phil at 2nd and Tiger at 3rd, but I only saw a second.

I'm really glad to hear that about Alex. does he have a Preach My Gospel?  He should study that a little...
gracias papá hasta la proxima semana te amo

No comments:

Post a Comment